Emily posted a great thread on Cocoa Daisy a while ago asking people basically who they are. It's funny how answering simple post can remind me who i am. Don't get me wrong, right now in my life i am pretty grounded. I will be the first to admit that knowing who i am has had its ups & downs, especially in the last 3 years. I will always want to work on me, acknowledging both the good & not so good things that need to change. But the post really did give me that little reminder of who i am.
- I am Ronda, sometimes Ronda Ann to my friends
- Named after Help Me Rhonda beach boy song, only no "H"
- 40 this past feb and feel that i know more about me and love me more than i did in the younger years
- wife to Andy, a commercial airline pilot who lives & works in Doha, Qatar
it has made our relationship even stronger, appreciating how much we do for each other
- his degree is actually Aersospace Engineering, yes a Rocket Scientist
- he has killer blue eyes & a killer smile that make my heart go boom boom, especially when he is in uniform,
- i miss him so much i cry myself to sleep sometimes
- mother to Alexandra (Lexi to most) a first year college student who took the fly from the nest seriously and is attending university in Irvine, California. she inherited the killer blue eyes, our mutual dorkiness, and an independent streak that makes me both so very happy & so very flustered
- and mother to Anthony (known as Ant boy now Ant Man to me, and for some reason Antonio to his friends) who has a very cheeky sense of humor that keeps me laughing but ever so puzzled on where he obtained such a mischievous personality. his Milk Chocolate eyes add to his very italian look
- i love to cook & bake. I make homemade pasta, my own pesto, jellies, etc. I cook from scratch. It is my stress reliever. My cream puffs are to die for.
- i sew pretty darn well and don't do it nearly enough, time to change that
- i am a photojunkie and shoot thousands of photos each year. i have a huge passion for it and i think it reflects in my photos
- I started out going to college to get an Art degree (and took many classes) but then thought what in the world am i going to do with this degree???
- So i switched to Elementary (Primary) Education and i taught second grade
- then i decided to be a SAHM but still wanted to use my degree so i volunteered a lot at both my kid's elementary schools and inner city schools helping those who were below grade level. I loved every minute of it, even if i had some scary moments with lock downs & drug busts.
- i am a Christian, Lutheran (LCMS) by choice. I am very active in our church, chairing our Education board, teaching sunday school & confirmation. I am blessed to serve HIM
- i am afraid of the dark & sometimes sleep with the lights on
- I work in the scrapbook industry as a Mixed Media Artist & Designer, author, and instructor. It is the best job in the world and i feel like i am living my dream. Explaining my job however isn't always easy
- I drink way too many chai tea lattes but i am expert at it now so why stop?
- my health has ups & downs and i have had way too many surgeries for a gal of 40. Most of them were done before i was 30. I have asthma, allergies, and kidney issues. I don't really like to talk about them because it makes me feel weak
- I lost my sister Chrissi almost 3 years ago. She was just 36, only 15 months younger than me, and was my best friend. It was extremely painful but i also gained so much and in lots of ways, she saved me
- i am a major dork (and married one too...see above) loving nerdy things including all things harry potter, quoting way too many movies & the sitcom friends, laughing with snorts & giggles especially at myself.
- i cry at movies, some commericals, and yes even a book
so who are you?
I encourage you to do a post, layout, journal entry or all three to remind you of all the wonderful things you are.