I had some questions on how i created the card for the Cocoa Daisy blog hop so i thought i would do a little tutorial for you. The artsy bullseye stamp is one of the ones i created for CD so i admit i am partial to it. I also wanted to use it in an artsy way to show the beauty of the grunginess. So let's get started.
- Book Paper
- Watercolor Paper
- Clear Embossing Ink
- Clear Embossing Powder
- Bullseye stamp & Acrylic Base
- Tidy Tray (optional)
- Matte Gel
- Watercolors or Watercolor Crayons
- Water & Water Bottle Spray (not pictured)
- Heat Gun (not pictured)
- Brayer (not pictured - optional)
I cut down a piece of watercolor paper to the size of a card, approximately 8.5" x 5.5" scored and folded in half. Rip a piece of old text paper to fit the card. Adhere it to the front of the card. I use matte gel and a brayer to get the paper pretty flat. I also like to seal the text paper with the matte gel.
Using clear embossing ink and an acrylic stamp, stamp you images. Threes are always good and i like to stamp off the page as well.
Sprinkle with clear embossing powder and heat set. Here you can barely see the bullseye detail.
I admit i am totally in love with Caran D'Arche Neocolor ii. They are water soluable wax pastels. Love them. You could also use watercolors. I color some lines and then using a paint brush add some water to the strokes.
Next i spray the card to get those wonderful drips. Tip the card up & let it run. This is another reason why i seal the paper with matte gel, so the water does penetrate the text paper.
I admit i am impatient so i use a heat gun to set the paints. I can also use it to push the drips in any direction i want.
I love that the artsy bullseye is just peeking in the background of my card. Here i am using some of my favorite colors, aqua, grey, and yellow. Here are a few more examples using the bullseye stamp.
My friend Denise used the same stamp to create these flowers for her card. I love how she embossed and then cut out the bullseye to make flowers.
Here's an art journal page i completed last night using white embossing powder. I wiped some of the clear ink before stamping it to add to the grunginess.