I have talked about how inspiring it was to be at Ranger U and uploaded tons of pictures of my time there. It really did energize me and fed my creative soul. Here's proof. This tag was my chance to take those techniques i learned and combine them into a very me tag adding in my own creative thoughts. I just adore this tag.
Here's a quick look at how i created this tag.
- paint the background with classic teal & blank canvas paint and let it dry completely
- add bits and pieces of old book text
- add petroleum jelly in streaks
- add dab of red paint and let it dry completely
- wipe petroleum jelly with paper towels
- Clean remaining jelly with baby wipes
- add layer of matte medium for butterfly transfer
- add laser print of butterfly face down into matte medium
- burnish it into the matte medium and let it dry completely
- mist with water & rub away excess paper pulp with your fingers revealing image
- water down blank canvas and add drips of paint
- cut out two butterflies & embellish with ink and stickles
- stamp phrase onto cream paper, blend ink around the edges
- ink chipboard frame and glue down stamp image & chipboard frame
- add butterflies to tag and secure using game spinners
Here's a close up of that image transfer. I love it just sitting in the background catching your eye every now & then. My favorite place to get great vintage images to use with these types of transfers is Graphics Fairy. She has some amazing images and i could explore the site for hours.