Right now that's all the time we get together. 10 - 12 weeks a year. It sounds like so little but is way better than the 6 weeks we had together the first year apart. We really don't like being apart so much. Around the 1 month mark we both face depression and the need to by each others side. But that's not our life right now so we try to find ways around it, like skyping daily or text messages letting each other know about our day. It helps. It really does. Thankfully our time zones work out for when it is morning there it's night here and vice versa. There is so much we have learned about being apart and it's only made our relationship that much stronger.
- the internet has really helped us keep connected, skype, facebook, texting
- i love that he sends me postcards from various countries, handwritten notes are awesome
- we appreciate the little things about each other, for me it's him doing the laundry and taking care of the car stuff; for him it's my cooking
- I try to bury myself in work/volunteer stuff to try to forget he isn't here but it doesn't work because i end up losing my self and stressing out
- i've learned how strong i am with taking care of the house, the boy, and lots of other things that i really don't want to take of
- i've learned when to ask for help because of being overloaded by all the stuff
- Andrew is great about taking the little things off my plate, things he can do from Doha
- we appreciate the simplicity of life, holding each others hands, a family meal, running errands together
- every moment together is precious and valued and we make each other a priority
- we count down days to seeing each other to help get us through the weeks
like today, with a few prayers he should be home hopefully tonight. At the very least, he will be home on Thursday for two weeks. and i just cannot wait!