Elina and John are true originals. They welcomed us all to the beautiful hotel Kouros and treated us like family, not guests. And now i get to call these two amazing people friends. They are genuine, sweet, and totally make me laugh. If you ever get the chance to escape to Mykonos, you must stay there. You will love it.
Like all my work, it's build on layers. Let's dig a little bit into those layers.
- Gesso on the background paper, then i painted the background with Maya Mists (Pink Grapefruit, Pink Pomegranate, Lime Metallic, Sunflower). Sprinkle on Espresso Brown too.
- A second picture embossed with a Sizzix Damask Texture Fade and sanded a bit to make it stand out.
- I used the tea organza trim and stitched it on to a heart shaped cardstock. If one flower is good, then three country posies are better. The vintage leaf pins are such a classy touch.
- The wooden bird was painted with diluted turquoise metallic mist and then stamped with the art journaling word stamps. I then added a thin layer of wax on top of the bird. The twig was painted withe Espresso Mist.
- Layers of trim stitched together and strips of journaling to finish the layout.