In this blog post, I talked about creating every day. it's really important for the creative soul. it nourishes it and truly helps stimulate creative growth. To help you along on this quest, i will post little prompts & inspirations titled Create Daily.
Last time i told you how i broke out some stamps and just started stamping. Did you try it? If not pull out an ink pad & a neglected stamp and start stamping. In this addition of Create Daily, i encourage you to just doodle. Simple put, just doodle.
It's easy to do if you just start. Here are some tips.
- Use a waterproof pen just in case you create a masterpiece you want to color in. I love my Uni-ball Vision Rollerball pen. I also like Staedtler Lumocolor Permanent Markers.
- Carry your art journal & pens with you. 5 minutes here, 5 minutes there. sports practices, doctors offices, etc. You can create in these little moments. Eventually you can build in 10 minutes in your day.
- It doesn't have to be done all in one setting. I may start like the one on the left and leave it for a couple days. I'll go back and add in things when i have a few moments like the on the right.
then if you like it, go back and add color and journal. If you don't, you have some options.
- keep adding to it
- just let it go and chalk it up to a creative exercise
- cover it up and start over
- cut it up and use it something else
so have you created something this week? Anything goes...doodle, scrapbook page, art journal, card...just something creative. Please share a link at the bottom of this post with the inlinkz button. Just leave a link to a specific blog post or image on flickr, rather than a general url.